Sonar Eclipse provides a comprehension Sonar integration for Eclipse. With this Eclipse plugin, developers don't need anymore to leave their favorite IDE in order to get valuable information about the source code quality. Most of the information displayed in the Sonar Web interface is now available in Eclipse. Sonar Eclipse takes care to automatically collect information from the Sonar Web server and decorates the source code on-the-fly.
Installing Sonar Eclipse is straightforward, for instructions, prerequisites, and a demonstration video, go to Installing Sonar Eclipse.
- Get all quality measures on project, package and file ressources
- Find quality hotspots according to selectable metric : files with most duplicated lines, most complex files, files with most uncovered lines by unit tests, ...
- On-the-fly decoration of the source code with violation to quality rules
- List of all known violations to quality rule on selected ressources (project, package, file)
- Bridge with the Sonar Web ressource viewer to display additional information not yet fully integrated into the Eclipse GUI like the lines and branches uncovered by unit tests.
Configure Sonar Eclipse
Sonar Eclipse is pre-configured to work with local Sonar server listening on http://localhost:900/. If you want to use your corporate Sonar server(s), you must first define this server by using the Eclipse global Preferences window :