The following are proposals being considered by the GeoTools community, the pages reflect the proposal in their final form. For discussion each should have an associated Jira item (but we can try to link to email discussion threads as well).
Recently modified proposals are first:
The following proposals are Inflight and are being worked on:
- Datastore Capabilities API — Datastore capabilities
Proposals that have been approved and completed will be slotted in as children for the release in which they make their first appearance.
- Upgrade to 2.7
- Clean up Generics from DataStore —
- FeatureStore modifyFeature by Name — modifyFeatures(Name,Value,Filter)
- Query as Class — Query vs DefaultQuery
- Remove DataStore getView method — Remove DataStore.getView method
- Allow inserts to use existing feature ID — Insert using existing FIDs
- XPath NamespaceSupport — xpath across deep waters
- Refactor OpenGIS
- Rendering transformations — Because transforming datasets is more powerful than transforming just geometries
- Next Generation JDBC DataStore — Next generation architecture for JDBC datastores.
- Feature paging and Query capabilities — Access a million of features... one page at a time and efficiently too...
- Charting with dynamic symbolizers
- GeoSpatial for Java Tutorial
- GridEnvelope subclasses replacing deprecated GridRange subclasses
- Modules cleanup
- Upgrade to 2.6
- Cleanup Style Interface Deprecations — Clean up deprecations in style interfaces
- Extention of CQL to match abilities of Filter (ECQL) — We need a text format for filter and expression
- Retire IRC Meetings — what time was the meeting again?
- Move to another Server — is the server up?
- OnlineTestCase support for failure on failed connection — OnlineTestCase support for failure on failed connection
- Extend DataStoreFactorySpi.Param — DataStore parameter isPassword? isUser?
- FeatureCollection for Java 5
- Graduate from OSGeo — The last step for OSGeo graduation
- Change to SimpleFeature — Expected refactoring, performed during the FOSS4G code sprint
- Handling of Unsupported Modules — got code?
- DataAccess super class for DataStore — introduce org.opengis.geoapi.Feature
- GeomeryFactoryFinder Proposal — Do you know where your geometry is?
- Module renaming
- Support GetGMLObject
- Svn Cleanup 2008 — SVN CLEANUP
- Switch from JSR-108 to JSR-275 for Units — JSR-275 is ready
- Upgrade to 2.5
- Use of FilterCapabilities — what filters are available?
- Raster Symbolizer support — Refactoring the actual Raster Symbolizer architecture / Implementing the needed functionalities
- Dynamic SLD Graphic objects — Programmatically extending SLD Graphic capabilities
- Add a dispose method to DataStore API
- Add hints support to Query object — Query,Hint,Generalization,Fetch
- Allow redirection to alternate logging API — You are debugging GeoTools, in a J2EE application, do you know where your logs are?
- Catalog Improvements
- Change handling and stability keeping procedures — Keep trunk stabled like an elephant
- Cleaning up dependencies between various modules and coverage
- Connection pool subsystem upgrade
- DataSource Hint for EPSG — Publish / Find / Bind for EPSG Authority
- Expression Improvements
- Fix the Docs — documentation for users
- Provide Parsers in a consistent fashion — lexify this (bad object pun)
- ReferencingFactoryFinder incompatible change
- SQLEncoder Upgrade to GeoAPI Filters
- Tile Server Client
- Update Style Interfaces to use GeoAPI Filter — Keeping stylish
- Upgrade to 2.4
- XML-XSD To Supported
- CatalogAPI — manage your datastores
- Color Brewer — ideas from http://colorbrewer.org/ and producing SLD styles
- Events for Styles — track changes that are made to objects in a style
- FeatureType Survey — take a FeatureType instance and construct a to more meaningful GML schema
- FeatureVisitor — extension for making summary calculations
- Random Data Access — when dealing with large data sets
- Tasks for 2.2.0 release — required before 2.2.0 release
- Upgrade to 2.2
- Improve support of RGB coverages
- Upgrading styles with GeoAPI Interfaces — Style Upgrade
- Focus FeatureSource around FeatureReader and FeatureWriter — Cleaning up data store / feature access api
- JAXB annotations
- Naming policy for GeoAPI implementation classes
- FeatureVersioning interface api
- Improve CRSAuthority Concurrency Caching and Connection Use — Got CRS?
- Add ability to remove feature types — We add, we update... we don't remove?
- Publish to Maven Central Repository — repo where art thou?
- FeatureCollection Descriptor for FeatureMembers — a rose by any other name? type or instance
- Add bundle information to jar manifest — OSGi deployment is hampered by many jars
- Replacing the OLD GCE interfaces — GCE is dead, lets move on
- Split up unsupported modules — split up unsupported
- Dual License Request