You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version. Compare with Current · View Page History
- Add more container support
- Continue adding container support for dynamic deployments
- Support for JSR88 for containers who support it. We can use the JSR88 API to provide a common way of performing deployment/undeployment of WAR/EAR files in target containers.
- Improve container configuration generation so that strongly customizable configurations can be generated
- Add support for different types of containers. An idea would be to add Database support (ability to start/Stop them but also to deploy schema and data files to them)
- Add ability to take a J2EE archive and apply an environment-dependent configuration to it, resulting in a new configured J2EE archive.
More information on JSRs potentially useful for Cargo:
- JSR88: This specification defines standard APIs that will enable any deployment tool that uses the deployment APIs to deploy any assembled application onto a J2EE compatible platform. The API will address the three-stage deployment process:
- Installation - move the properly packaged components to the server
- Configuration - the resolution of all external dependencies declared by the application
- Undeployment - removal of the application from the server
- JSR77: The Specification proposes a standard management model for exposing and accessing the management information, operations, and parameters of the Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition components. The management model will:
- Allow rapid development of management solutions for J2EE
- Provide integration with existing management systems
- Enable a single management tool to manage multiple vendor implementations of the platform
- Enable a specific implementation of a platform to use any compliant management tool
Tasks already planned to be implemented
See the JIRA roadmap.