In addition to the official Groovy news below, you may also want to check out
- the Groovy news provider http://aboutgroovy.com
- the Groovy blog aggregator http://groovyblogs.org
- and the Groovy Zone, a community news site on everything about Groovy and Grails
Both of them were written in Grails (and thus Groovy)!
The Groovy News
The Groovy development team is happy to announce the joint releases of Groovy 1.8.9, 2.0.7, and 2.1.1!
In this interview, the discussion centered around the new features of that release, including coverage of the "invoke dynamic" support, performance, meta-annotations, compiler configuration, and more.
- offers full support for the JDK 7 “invoke dynamic” bytecode instruction and API,
- goes beyond conventional static type checking capabilities with a special annotation to assist with documentation and type safety of DSLs and adds static type checker extensions,
- provides additional compilation customization options,
- features a meta-annotation facility for combining annotations elegantly,
- and provides various other enhancements and minor improvements.
Read more News on the Groovy Blog
Syndicate this site via RSS