The following is the basic procedures for doing a Castor release:
- Checkout a fresh copy to clean directory
- Make sure the entire project builds by running build.bat or build.sh
- Make sure all test cases are passing
- Update src/doc/contributors.xml, if necessary, by adding any new contributors
- Update src/etc/CHANGELOG
- Update, if necessary, any docs in src/doc
- Update src/doc/release-notes.xml
- Update src/etc/VERSION
- Update src/main/org/exolab/castor/util/Version.java
- Do build: build release
- Upload dist/* to /home/projects/castor/dist/<release> at beaver.codehaus.org
- Upload build/doc/* /home/projects/castor/public_html at beaver.codehaus.org. Before doing so, please create a sub-directory (using the current release number) under public_html and move the current documentation there.
- In Jira, flag this release as 'released'.
- Announce release via forums and mailing lists
- Push short announcements to
#*the newsgroup alt.comp.lang.java.
Synchronisation with ibiblio.org/maven2
By default, following the instructions above, Castor will be deployed on the Codehaus Maven repository only. To get the Castor release artefacts properly propagated to http://ibiblio.org/maven2, please either send a short email to the 'maven-dev' mailing list or raise a Jira chore at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEV
To make a new Castor release available for Maven builds, at IBiblio, under the dist directory, create a jars directory with relative symbolic links to jars in dist/<release> subdirectories.
e.g. If you are in jars directory:
ln -s ../0.9.6/castor-0.9.6.jar castor-0.9.6.jar