The JRuby community is pleased to announce the release of JRuby 0.9.9.
This release has largely been a stabilization release where we have spent
more focus on Ruby compatibility. We are gearing up for a 1.0 release. Here
are some of the more significant acheivements for 0.9.9:
- Major compatibility and performance overhaul of String, Array, Hash
- Many YAML and Marshalling issues have been fixed
- Java Integration overhaul fixing many outstanding issues
- 180 Jira issues resolved
- Several more bottlenecks removed
- Rails applications like Mephisto and plugins like Goldberg are running without hitches
- Performance has improved by 40% over 0.9.8 based on YARV benchmarks
With all the hard work done by Marcin Mielżyński and Bill Dortch we are adding
them as core committers. Their contributions have made a huge difference in
our progress as of late.
We also want to thank all people who hang out on IRC, triage/report/patch
issues, and communicate on our mailing lists. Their interest has really
helped shape JRuby into a better implementation.
Please take JRuby 0.9.9 for a spin and help us root out the last issues
before our 1.0 release!