The Activiti Eclipse BPMN 2.0 Designer project provides the necessary functionality to design BPMN 2.0 processes and run these processes on the Activiti Engine.
The foundation for the Activiti Designer is the Eclipse Graphiti project (http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_summary.php?projectid=modeling.gmp.graphiti). We currently use Graphiti 0.7.0.
For the implementation of the BPMN 2.0 specification we use the BPMN 2.0 metamodel implementation for Eclipse (http://wiki.eclipse.org/MDT-BPMN2).
We have released version 0.6.0 for the Activiti Eclipse BPMN 2.0 Designer. Note that it is not yet bullit-proof and we welcome any feedback you may have!
The installation of the Activiti Eclipse BPMN 2.0 Designer is very simple and contains the following steps:
- Download Eclipse Helios Classic http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-classic-361/heliossr1
- Install the Activiti Eclipse BPMN 2.0 Designer plug-in via the update site http://activiti.org/designer/update
That's all, you should now be able to create your first Activiti Eclipse project:
And when you finish this wizard a blank BPMN 2.0 diagram is ready for use. Right now the following functionality is supported:
- BPMN 2.0 constructs Start event, End event, Sequence flow, Script task, User task, Service task, Manual task, Exclusive and Parallel gateway, and sub processes.
- Export of BPMN 2.0 XML when the process diagram is saved.
- Process image creation when the process diagram is saved
- Automatic creation of developer friendly ids for BPMN 2.0 constructs.
- Property sheets for all supported BPMN 2.0 constructs, but script, java service and user task in specific, because you can edit additional fields.
- To open and edit a sub process, drag one into your process diagram and double-click it to open a new editor where you can model the sub process.
- Generate a fully working unit test out of a BPMN 2.0 XML file
- Customize the palette with your own nodes
Have fun and please provide some early feedback!
Tijs Rademakers - lead developer (email@example.com)
Tiese Barrell - developer
Ron van Liempd - developer
Yvo Swillens - developer
0.6.1 release (january 1st):
- Add receive task
- Copy and paste functionality
- Additional functionality to create property sheets for custom nodes
- New icons
- Deployment on a Activiti Engine
0.7.0 release (february 1st):
- BPMN DI import and export
- Web service task
- Multipage editor for diagram, XML and deployment editor
- Support for execution and task listeners