Howto perform a final release
- Install JDK 5 and let JAVA_HOME environment variable point to it.
- Enable access to the Codehaus Nexus repository as described at Howto configure maven release settings.
- Once configured, make sure that you check out a fresh copy of Castor from SVN.
- Generate a PGP key pair for yourself and distribute the public key as described at How to generate PGP signatures with Maven . The PGP signature is used to sign the released jars so others know they are valid.
To deploy a final release, simply execute:
- check that your project does not contain uncommitted changes
- set version to final release
- tag release in SVN
- check out tagged release into a separate folder
- build new release checked out before
- set version to new snapshot release
If anything goes wrong, take care to undo changes of prepare by executing:
If everything worked as expected you have to execute:
This will upload new final release to nexus staging directory.
To push the new release to maven repository you have to go to nexus for confirmation.