Cargo provides the following Tools and APIs:
- A Java API to start/stop/configure Java Containers and deploy modules into them.
- A Java API to parse/create/merge Java EE Modules
- Ant tasks and Maven 2/Maven 3 plugins.
- Intellij IDEA and Netbeans plugins are in the sandbox.
Cargo is often used to deploy applications to containers from test APIs (such as JUnit), ANT or Maven builds. Cargo can install the container and dependencies needed for your deployment as well. Please find below the links to our Quick Start guides:
- Getting Started for the Maven2/Maven3 plugin
- Cookbook for implementing functional testing with the Cargo Java API and JUnit
- Examples for the Cargo ANT tasks
For more use cases, please check the utilisation page.
click in the status column to get release notes:
Released on 03/12/2011
All released versions are available here.
List of supported containers and the extensions that are implemented for each container (Java API, Ant tasks and Maven2/Maven3 plugin). The specified version is the version of the associated Cargo module where the feature was first made available (for example 0.2 for the Maven2 plugin means version 0.2 of the Cargo Maven 2 extension release). Click on a container's name to see a detailed list of features it supports.
Java API (version)
Ant tasks (version)
Maven 2 plugin (version)
Some containers are tested dialy on the Codehaus Cargo Continous Integration System; for these the container's page also shows which version is tested.