François DORIN, Franck BONIN, Vincent HARDION
Description / Features
This plugin adds basic support of C++ language into Sonar.
Current feature list:
- Basic size metrics:
- Files (number of)
- Lines of comments
- Lines of code
- Lines of commented out code
- Static code checking via Cppcheck, RATS and Vera++
- Dynamic checking for memory management problems via Valgrind
- Cyclomatic (McCabe) complexity metrics including:
- Projects complexity
- Average function/method complexity
- Average file complexity
- Complexity distributions
- Code coverage metrics including:
- Line coverage
- Branch coverage
- An aggregated coverage measure
- Unit test execution metrics including:
- Successfully executed tests
- Failed tests
- Skipped tests
- Execution time
- Recognition of code duplication
- Basic highlighting mode for C++ in Sonar UI
The Cxx-Plugin has an obligatory dependency on Java (of course... the plugin itself and all runners are Java programs).
Moreover, there are optional dependencies on:
- Various external code analyzers:
- Cppcheck. Detects a wide range of problems ranging from performance issues and resource leakage to undefined behaviour. Binary packets are available on/for various platforms. Using the latest release pays off in general; compile from source if in doubt.
- RATS. Detects (potential) security problems in code, sensible for code bases with increased security requirements. Use binary packages or compile from source.
- Vera++. Focuses on code style issues. There's a binary package for Windows, users of other platforms are likely to compile themselves.
- Valgrind (memcheck). Detects various memory management problems at runtime. Basically Linux only; just use the packages from your distribution.
- CppNcss. Provides cyclomatic (McCabe) complexity measures. This is a Java program distributed as a zip archive. Just unpack and make sure the "bin" directory is in PATH.
- GCC, gcov, gcovr and Python for coverage determination. Install Python and place the script somewhere on the PATH.
- Copy the jar-archive into <sonar home>
- Restart the Sonar web server
Cxx plugin uses the following properties during analysis. See here for the ways how to pass them to the plugin.
|sonar.cxx.suffixes||System- and/or project-wide||.C,.h|
Comma separated list of file name extension to be considered as C++ source files during analysis. Leave unset to use the default ("cxx,cpp,cc,h,hxx,hpp,hh")
Ant pattern describing the path to Cppcheck reports, relative to projects root. Leave unset to use the default ("cppcheck-reports/cppcheck-result-*.xml").
|sonar.cxx.cppncss.reportPath||Project-wide||cppncss-report-*.xml||Ant pattern describing the path to CppNcss reports, relative to projects root. Leave unset to use the default ("cppncss-reports/cppncss-result-*.xml").|
|sonar.cxx.gcovr.reportPath||Project-wide||gcovr-report-*.xml||Ant pattern describing the path to gcovr reports, relative to projects root. Leave unset to use the default ("gcovr-reports/gcovr-result-*.xml").|
|sonar.cxx.rats.reportPath||Project-wide||rats-report-*.xml||Ant pattern describing the path to RATS reports, relative to projects root. Leave unset to use the default ("rats-reports/rats-result-*.xml").|
|sonar.cxx.valgrind.reportPath||Project-wide||valgrind-report-*.xml||Ant pattern describing the path to Valgrind reports, relative to projects root. Leave unset to use the default ("valgrind-reports/valgrind-result-*.xml").|
|sonar.cxx.vera.reportPath||Project-wide||vera-report-*.xml||Ant pattern describing the path to Vera++ reports, relative to projects root. Leave unset to use the default ("vera++-reports/vera++-result-*.xml").|
|sonar.cxx.xunit.reportPath||Project-wide||xunit-report-*.xml||Ant pattern describing the path to unit test execution reports, relative to projects root. Leave unset to use the default ("xunit-reports/xunit-result-*.xml").|
A name of a built in XSLT-file or an URL to an external one. Available builtins:
Leave unset if no transformation should be used.
0.0.1 initial release with RATS support.
0.0.2 internal developpement release (not available)
0.0.3 first release with Cppcheck, Cppncss, Vera++, Gcov and Valgrind support.
0.0.4 CppCheck reports generation, Full integration with cxx-maven-plugin (cxx maven, still for proposal, can be found here)
0.0.5 xslt for xunit, sonar plugin api 2.7,