The C# plugins ecosystem is a set of Sonar plugins used to monitor the quality of .NET software written in the C# language.
The goal is to make C# a first-class citizen in Sonar - like Java can be.
Below are the main steps to quickly get started.
You will find the links to the rest of the documentation at the end of this page.
C# Plugins Ecosystem
1.3 (April 18th, 2012)
2.11 or higher
GNU LGPL 3
- Check the requirements
- Install Sonar
- To make it simpler, do not bother with Maven but rather install the Simple Java Runner
- Install the C# plugins
- Download the ZIP file of the C# Plugins Ecosystem distribution (top right of this page).
- Copy all the desired plugins of the C# plugins ecosystem in Sonar plugins extension folder.
- Install the tools required by the selected C# plugins
- For instance, Gallio or FxCop
- Gendarme and StyleCop do not necessarily need to be installed
- Check the prerequisites, mainly:
- Your .NET solution must be compiled
- Create a Sonar file for your solution
A very simple one can be:
- Place it in the same folder as the Solution file (".sln")
- If you don't want to use the default settings of a plugin, you can override them
- See the C# plugins options to know more about this.
- You can also use the sample application available from the SVN . Both vonfig flavors are available in this sample. You can choose to use the sonar-project.properties file (recommended) or the maven pom.xml file.
- Version 1.3 (see JIRA tickets or changelog below)
- New version of the C# parser that brings lots of improvements and better performance
- Support of integration tests
- New C# Dependencies plugin that will provide metrics to display libraries, dependencies between projects and files, and make it possible to check the "Design" page with the Dependency Structure Matrix
- New metric "Asserts by unit test" and associated widget
- Bug fixes
- In the future
- Support of preprocessing instructions by the parser
To go further...
Release 1.3 (0 issues)
Release 1.2 (0 issues)
Release 1.1 (0 issues)
Release 1.0 (0 issues)