If you are happy with PDF Plugin then you could recomend it.
There is also Commercial edition supported by klicap.
Description / Features
Sonar PDF plugin allows to generate a report in PDF format that contains the most relevant information showed by Sonar web interface. The report aims to be a deliverable as part of project documentation.
Actually the report contains:
- Global dashboard (similar to Sonar web interface dashboard)
- Violations by categories
- Most violated rules
- Most violated files
- Most complex classes
- Most duplicated files
- Dashboard, violations and hotspots for all child modules (if they exists)
You can download an example of report here.
First analyze your project in sonar. Then run the generate goal (report will be created in the target directory):
Available properties (-Dproperty=value)
- sonar.host.url: sonar server URL (i.e http://my-host:9000/sonar)
- sonar.branch (-Dbranch is also supported): report on a project branch
- report.type: select a report type. Values:
- -Dreport.type=workbook (default)
- sonar.pdf.username: username for access WS API
- sonar.pdf.password: password for the user
If your Sonar server URL is http://localhost:9000 you don't need to specify sonar.host.url.
Sonar Plugin (post-job)
Sonar PDF can be used as a plugin of sonar modeling a post-job work. In this way, a PDF report is generated after each analysis in Sonar (mvn sonar:sonar includes the generation of report).
How to install Sonar PDF in Sonar
Use update center, or alternatively:
- Dowload sonar-pdfreport-plugin-1.3.jar
- Copy to [sonar-dir]/extensions/plugins
- Restart Sonar
You can skip report generation or select report type (executive or workbook) at top level or project level. Also you can provide an username/password if your project are secured by Sonar user management:
Download the report
PDF report can be downloaded from Sonar GUI:
Ant task and Maven 3 Sonar plugin is not supported.