The main objective of the Filter service is to respond to a maximum of questions without needing to drill down to secondary pages. Here are some use cases covered by this service:
- List my favourite projects
- List the worst projects from the desired perspectives : technical debt, code coverage, duplications, ...
- List the modules of a project
- List the most complex files
- List the longest unit test files
From there, you can click on any resource to drilldown to this resource.
My favourites Tab
This tab is displayed only when a user is logged into Sonar and list all resources, whatever they are projects, modules, packages or files, that have been flagged as favourite by the user :
A resource can be flagged as favourite by simply clicking on a star icon available on the Dashboard of any project, module or package:
or on any component on the Components page:
or at file level:
This tab is available and displayed by default for all Sonar users on any new Sonar instance. As expected, this page displays all available projects. This table as any other tables can be sorted by clicking on a column header.