The Sonar web interface has been designed to help you quickly find what you are looking for.
The web interface can be displayed in various languages.
The web interface is divided into three areas:
- Top Bar
- Left Menu
- Global dashboard: displays high level (instance level) data
- Project dashboard: displays project data
- Global configuration: for the administrators to configure the Sonar instance (
- Project configuration: for the project administrators to configure their project properties (setting analysis properties, creating project action plan, etc.)
Whatever you are, you have access to the top bar:
- Go back to the Home page,
- Keep track of where you are thanks to the breadcrumb trail. This breadcrumb trail is clickable, so you can quickly reach an upper level dashboard.
- Generate the permalink of your current location so you send the link via email for example,
- Log into Sonar. Depending on your user rights, you will have acces to different modules. Logging in also allows you to have access to your own customized interface.
- Print the current dashboard.
- Search for a resource: project, file, etc. to quickly access it.
Searching for a Resource
Thanks to a powerful search engine, you can search for any kinds of resource: projects, files, developer, unit test, etc.
Printing the Current Dashboard
When printing a Sonar page, the left and top navigation bars are automatically removed.
By default, Treemaps are not correctly printed by browsers and you need to specify your browser to print background colors to fix this issue.
The left menu is a contextual menu that depends on the area you are in Sonar and your user rights.
It is where the information is displayed.
The main kinds of pages are:
The Sonar motto is that you will only need three clicks to go from a quality indicator to a corrective action in the source code.
Example #1: Violations Drill-down
Example #2: Duplication Drill-down
Quickly Accessing your Favourites
The Sonar web interface is displayed in the preferred language that you set in your browser settings.
If it is not, just ask your administrator to add the corresponding language bundle. Have a look at the available bundles.