- The continuous integration job does not fail.
- The JIRA issues included in the release are closed.
- Check the source code quality of the plugin. The SQALE index must be A and the SQALE remediation factor must not increase between two releases.
- A dedicated page is created in the wiki.
Call a Vote
Before a release can occur, a vote typically takes place.
The snapshot version to be tested must be publicly available. If the plugin is hosted in Github/Cloudbees, then the artifact is automatically deployed to http://repository-sonarplugins.forge.cloudbees.com/snapshot/org/codehaus/sonar-plugins. If the plugin is at Codehaus (svn/bamboo), then the artifact must be manually deployed to http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/org/codehaus/sonar-plugins/. Read the following sections to get more details.
The vote is initiated with an email to email@example.com with a link to the snapshot artifact, preferably with a subject that starts with [VOTE]. Explain the plugin, status and any other info you feel relevant. The standard is to wait 72 hours for responses. This gives other developers time to verify the validity of the plugin before placing their vote. Votes are represented as numbers between -1 and +1, with -1 meaning 'no' and +1 meaning 'yes.'
Only Sonar plugin committers can vote. The first release requires three +1 and no -1. Then vote is adopted by lazy consensus for next releases. It passes if it doesn't have any -1.
- Close the vote on the dev mailing list
- Verify again the prequisites
Set your Codehaus username/password in Maven settings.xml :
- Install Codehaus SSL certificates into JDK
Deploy the plugin to the Maven central repository by executing the following command with default values :
- Release the version in JIRA
- Update the Changelog of the plugin wiki page byusing the jiraissues macro
- If it's the first release, add the plugin to this list
- Update the version compatibility matrix
- Announce the release in the mailing-lists firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (you must subscribe to these lists in xircles )
- Send an email to email@example.com to ask for adding the release to the Update Center and to update header of the plugin Confluence page. This redundant step will be improved later.