IzPack offers the possibility to set a list of default installation directories depending on the target installation platform.
When the compiled installer is executed, IzPack chooses the one matching the assigned platform.
This can be achieved by explicitly setting variables with the prefix:
IzPack recognizes this as a built-in variable which can be user-modified.
For example, change the resources to variables:
This uses the following variable search order to determine the default directory to display:
- TargetPanel.dir.<platform symbolic name> e.g. TargetPanel.dir.windows_7
- TargetPanel.dir.<platform name> e.g. TargetPanel.dir.windows
- TargetPanel.dir.<parent platform> e.g. given platform "FEDORA_LINUX" looks for TargetPanel.dir.linux, followed by TargetPanel.dir.unix
- SYSTEM_user_dir corresponds to the system property "user.dir"
Available platforms can be found in the class Platforms. The names are the lowercase versions of those defined.
Allowed names include:
The DEFAULT_INSTALL_PATH variable is initialised to <PARENT_DIRECTORY>/$APP_NAME where <PARENT_DIRECTORY> is determined by:
|Windows||ProgramFiles environment variable|
|Others||/usr/local/ if writeable, or System.getProperty("user.home") if not|
Changes from 4.3.6
Changes from earlier versions
Prior to 4.3.6, resources were used rather than variables. Resources were searched for with the following names
- "TargetPanel.dir." + lower case version of System.getProperty("os.name"), with any spaces replace with underscores
- "TargetPanel.dir." + <platform> where platform is one of ("windows", "mac", "unix")
IZPACK-798 changed the above to use variables instead of text files, following the same naming convention.