The Sonar Runner is recommended as the default launcher to analyze a project with Sonar.
For each project a file sonar-project.properties must be created in the root directory of the project.
Then the command 'sonar-runner' must be executed from the project base directory to launch the Sonar analysis. That's it!
If a sonar-project.properties file cannot be created in the root directory of the project, there are two alternatives:
- Either properties can be specified directly through the command line. Ex: 'sonar-runner -Dsonar.projectKey=myproject -Dsources=src1 ...'
- Or the property 'project.settings' can be used to specify the path to the project configuration file. Ex: 'sonar-runner -Dproject.settings=../myproject.properties'.
Additional analysis parameters can be defined in this project configuration file or through command-line parameters.
Command line only
- project.home: specifies the root folder of the project to analyse. This folder must contain a "sonar-project.properties" file if the mandatory properties (like "sonar.projectKey) are not specified on the command line.
- project.settings: specifies the path of the "sonar-project.properties" file relative to the root folder of the project to analyze. (this option is incompatible with "project.home").
- sonar.working.directory: to set the Sonar working directory (default is ".sonar").