The Sonar Runner is recommended as the default launcher to analyze a project with Sonar.
Create a configuration file in the root directory of the project: sonar-project.properties
Rune the following command from the project base directory to launch the Sonar analysis:
There are 2 ways to define a multi-module structure in Sonar :
|Using the given file structure...||... with the given "properties" files|
Define everything through
Split the definition
- Properties are inherited from parent to children
They can obviously be overriden:
- By prefixing them with the module identifier (case 1)
- Simply by defining them in the "sonar-project.properties" file located in the module (case 2)
- Module base directory can be specified for special cases
By default, the module base directory is guessed from the module identifier (like in the examples above). But it can be redefined using the "sonar.projectBaseDir" property.
For instance, here are 2 use cases and the way to redefine the base directory of the modules:
the folder of a module contains white spaces or special characters:
the module is not located directly in the parent folder, but in a deeper directory structure:
- Modules with the same structure: projects/languages/java/sonar-runner/java-sonar-runner-modules-same-structure
- Modules with different structures: projects/languages/java/sonar-runner/java-sonar-runner-modules-different-structures
- A configuration file for each module: projects/languages/java/sonar-runner/java-sonar-runner-modules-own-configuration-file
If a sonar-project.properties file cannot be created in the root directory of the project, there are several alternatives:
The properties can be specified directly through the command line. Ex:
The property 'project.settings' can be used to specify the path to the project configuration file (this option is incompatible with the 'project.home' property). Ex:
The Sonar working directory can be set through the 'sonar.working.directory' property (default is '.sonar').
The root folder of the project to analyze can be set through the 'project.home' property. This folder must contain a sonar-project.properties file if the mandatory properties (like 'sonar.projectKey') are not specified on the command line.
Additional analysis parameters can be defined in this project configuration file or through command-line parameters.