The Toad CodeXpert plugin is an extension to the commercial PL/SQL plugin and can only be used with it.
CodeXpert has two modes to analyze PL/SQL sources:
- It scans source code from files on disk. This mode is generally used in enterprise environments with configuration management strategies (use tools like Subversion or Clearcase).
- It connects to the database and analyzes all the objects stored in that database. This mode is NOT supported by Sonar.
- Quest Software Toad 9.5 or higher with the CodeXpert module (included into Toad for Oracle Xpert, Toad for Oracle Professional and Toad Development Suite for Oracle).
- A connection to an Oracle database if you use Toad 9.x or 10.x. This is a limitation of Toad that needs to be connected to the database even if it is not used by the CodeXpert module. So you can set a “fake” connection to an empty database.
- Option Forms extractor only: Oracle JDAPI library included into Oracle Developer Suite 10g or equivalent.
The following settings need to be added to sonar-project.properties:
# PLSQL plugin specific properties (required if you use Toad)
# Those properties can also be set in $SONAR_RUNNER_HOME/conf/sonar-runner.properties file
# or specified through the Web interface to avoid repeating them on each PL/SQL project.
sonar.plsql.toad.exePath=C:/Program Files/Quest Software/Toad for Oracle 10.5/Toad.exe
Sonar automatically configures and launches Toad CodeXpert to analyse the PL/SQL code.