Description / Features
The Toad CodeXpert plugin is an extension of the PL/SQL plugin (commercial) and can only be used with it.
CodeXpert has two modes to analyze PL/SQL sources:
- It scans source code from files on disk. This mode is generally used in enterprise environments with configuration management strategies (use tools like Subversion or Clearcase).
- It connects to the database and analyzes all the objects stored in that database. This mode is NOT supported by Sonar.
- Install the Toad CodeXpert plugin through the Update Center or download it into the SONAR_HOME/extensions/plugins directory
- Restart the Sonar server
- Quest Software Toad 9.5 or higher with the CodeXpert module (included into Toad for Oracle Xpert, Toad for Oracle Professional and Toad Development Suite for Oracle).
- A connection to an Oracle database if you use Toad 9.x or 10.x. This is a limitation of Toad that needs to be connected to the database even if it is not used by the CodeXpert module. So you can set a “fake” connection to an empty database.
The following properties have to be set (at project level through the 'sonar-project.properties' file or at instance level through the 'sonar-runner.properties' file or web interface):
Running an a
Activate some rules from Toad CodeXpert in your project quality profile and run a Sonar analysis.
Sonar automatically configures and launches Toad CodeXpert to check your code against the Toad CodeXpert's rules.
Toad CodeXpert 9.x is unable to start from the command-line when the month of the current date contains an accent ("Décembre" in French for example). The workaround for this is to change the regional settings on the machine.