This page describes how to integrate Sonar into a build script for Apache Ant.
Define a new Sonar Ant target in your Ant build script:
Run the following command from the project base directory to launch the Sonar analysis:
The Sonar configuration for parent and modules must be done in the parent build.xml file:
- Modules with the same structure: projects/languages/java/ant/java-ant-modules-same-structure
- Modules with different structures: projects/languages/java/ant/java-ant-modules-different-structures
Multi-module and Multi-language Project
Since Sonar 3.3, it is possible to run an analysis on a multi-module project whose modules contains source code from different languages.
In addition to the multi-module configuration, the only mandatory property to set is the language for each module:
Additional analysis parameters can be defined in the build.xml file or through command-line parameters.
Run tests and get code coverage with JaCoCo Ant Task
- Simple project: projects/code-coverage/ut/ant/ut-ant-jacoco-runTests
- Multi-module project: projects/code-coverage/ut/ant/ut-ant-jacoco-modules-runTests
- Main sources and unit test sources can not be mixed in the same directory
Migrating from Sonar Ant Task 1.X to Sonar Ant Task 2.0
The Sonar Ant Task 2.0 can run analyses from configuration files designed for Sonar Ant Task 1.X.
This compatibility mode is automatically activated. But we highly recommend you to migrate to the new format as this compatibility mode will be dropped sooner or later in the next versions.