Description / Features
This plugin connects Sonar to Altassian JIRA in various ways.
Widget "JIRA Issues"
Sonar retrieves the number of issues associated to a project from JIRA. It then reports on the total number of issues and distribution by priority.
In order to get it working, you should first make some configuration:
Go to your Jira and create filter. Mark it as a favorite. Also you can share this filter with your team in order to allow usage of URL for issues in Sonar.
Then from a project dashboard (or from the global configuration), go to
"Settings -> JIRA", and specify the "
Server URL", "
Username" and "
And finally specify the "Filter name" property for project or module: this is the name of an issue filter that you have previously created on JIRA (check JIRA documentation to know more about issue filters).
After the next analysis, you can activate the "JIRA Issues" widget for one of your dashboards, and you should see something similar to this:
Link a Sonar review to a JIRA ticket (version >= 1.0 & Sonar >= 3.1)
This feature allows you to create a review (on a violation) that will generate a JIRA ticket on your configured JIRA instance.
In order to get this working, you need:
- To have the the "
Server URL", "
Username" and "
Password" properties specified in the global or project settings
- To specify, for your project, the "JIRA project key" property that is the key of the JIRA project on which this Sonar plugin will generate tickets
Then, once you're logged in, you should find the "Link to JIRA" action available on any violation:
You can enter any comment and after you press "Link to JIRA", a new review comment is added on the violation: you can see the link to the newly-created JIRA ticket.
And the corresponding JIRA look like:
Usage & Installation
- Install the JIRA plugin through the Update Center or download it into the SONAR_HOME/extensions/plugins directory
- Restart the Sonar server
- Configure the plugin at global level and for each project as described in the previous section
Q: I see the following warning in Sonar logs when using the JIRA plugin:
[WARN] [18:32:24.426] Unable to find required classes (javax.activation.DataHandler and javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart). Attachment support is disabled.
A: This is a message from the Axis SOAP client we are using to talk to your JIRA. You can safely ignore this message. Attachment support is not used anyway.
- Q: I have configured my JIRA instance so that some fields are mandatory. Because Sonar do not populate these fields then issue creation fails. How can I make it works?
- A: The JIRA "Component" field can be defined in Sonar JIRA plugin settings at project level (see SONARPLUGINS-2549). For other fields the suggested workaround is to create a new issue type in JIRA (for exemple "Quality issue") and configure JIRA so that all fields are optional for this new issue type. Then configure Sonar JIRA plugin to use this new issue type when creating a new issue (see SONARPLUGINS-2548).
Release 1.0 (7 issues)
Release 0.3 (1 issues)
Release 0.2.1 (3 issues)
|SONARPLUGINS-583||Do not log errors when filter name is missing|
|SONARPLUGINS-521||Extend compatibility to Jira version previous to 3.13|
|SONARPLUGINS-500||Use sonar-plugin packaging|
Release 0.2 (5 issues)