If you are familiar with the PHP environment, you may just need to read the 'Short Way' section.
If you need more help, you can follow the 'Long Way' installation guide.
Short Way for PHP Expert
- Install PHP runtime with the corresponding xdebug extensions. Version 5.2.6 or newer is required.
- Install PEAR. Version 1.8.0 or newer is required.
- Install the following PEAR packages (check the version list to know which versions to install):
- Install PHPUnit
- Install PHP Depend
- Install PHPMD
- Install PHP_CodeSniffer
Long Way for PHP Dummy
You have to be logged in as an administrator to run the commands below.
- Install PHP version 5.2.6 or newer. You can download PHP at this location and follow these installation instructions.
Install PEAR version 1.8.0 or newer if not included in PHP distribution. To ensure PEAR version and to upgrade it, type the following commands in command prompt:
If you, for some reason, need the latest PEAR and the commands above don't get it then download http://pear.php.net/go-pear.phar and execute it with php (don't use the old go-pear without the .phar extension, it will likely fail):
Install PHPUnit from pear using the following command lines:
- Install XDebug to allow code instrumentation used for instance by phpunit to compute coverage.
If you are running Linux or Mac, you must install phpize (normally found in php dev packages like rpm php5-devel, deb php5-dev) and then compile xdebug via pecl install using the following command line:
And then edit your $PHP_HOME/php.ini file to add the following line:
If you are running Windows, you should download the binary version matching your PHP installation from this location. And then edit your $PHP_HOME/php.ini file to add the following line:
Install PHP Depend: