The Cargo Daemon is a Web-based application that uses the Cargo API to configure, start and stop containers on a remote machine.
The daemon is meant to be listening 24/7, to allow users to deploy new containers and web applications at their command.
It can be accessed using a browser-based UI, via Java API or Maven2 plugin.
Table of Contents
The documentatation for the Cargo Daemon includes:
- Installation: explains how to install and run the daemon
- Getting started: very quick guide on using the daemon
To install and run the Cargo Daemon:
- Download the Cargo Daemon from the Downloads page
- Execute by typing:
where <version> is the version number of the daemon that you have downloaded.
By default, the Cargo Daemon will run on HTTP port
18000. To change it, use the
Note that the Cargo Daemon is a WAR file; you can actually also deploy it as a WAR on any existing container. This can be useful if you want to, for example, reuse a certain security configuration.
To use the Cargo Daemon via the browser UI, simply open
<machine> is the machine host name or IP address and
<port> is the port number used (default is
- To start a container, fill in the form and press Start:
- To stop or view logs of a running container, use the actions on the containers list: