This feature provides the ability to any logged in user to subscribe to the following email notifications:
- Changes in reviews assigned to me or created by me
- New alerts
- New violations introduced during the first differential period
During each Sonar analysis, the notifications are computed for each user who has subscribed to notifications. Then, in asynchronous way, emails on these notifications are sent to users.
To set the delay between processing of notification queue, set the sonar.notifications.delay property (in seconds) in SONAR_HOME/conf/sonar.properties. Note that the Sonar server has to be restarted for the new value to be taken into account.
Note that sometimes there could be some discrepancy between values displayed in the email and values displayed on the web interface. This happens if another analysis has been run between the sending of the email and you clicking on the link to the Violations drill-down in this email.
Each logged in user can subscribe to notifications by going to UserName > My profile and tick the events they want to subscribe to.
In the example below, the user will receive notifications for:
- New alerts on any projects
- Changes in reviews assigned to him or created by him on the following projects: 'UT coverage with Sonar Runner reusing JUnit and JaCoCo reports' and 'Java sample project combining UT and IT coverage'
- New violations introduced during the first differential period on the following projects: 'UT coverage with Sonar Runner reusing JUnit and JaCoCo reports' and 'Java sample project combining UT and IT coverage'
For Sonar to be able to send notifications by email, go to Settings > Configuration > General Settings > Email and configure the email settings.