The Sonar web interface has been designed to help you quickly find what you are looking for.
The web interface can be displayed in various languages.
The web interface is divided into three areas:
- Top bar
- Left menu
Wherever you are, you have access to the top bar:
- Dashboards to go back to the Home page
- Projects to access the complete list of Projects, Views, Developers, etc. or to access previously browsed projects:
- Measures to access the Measures services
- Reviews to access the Review services
- Settings to access global settings (mainly for global administrators)
- Log in / <Name> to log into Sonar. Depending on your user rights, you will have access to different modules. Logging in also allows you to have access to your own customized interface. to modify your profile or log out
- Search for a resource: project, file, etc. to quickly access it.
- Keep track of where you are thanks to the breadcrumb trail. This breadcrumb trail is clickable, so you can quickly reach an upper level dashboard.
- <Star> to flag the current project as favourite
- Configuration to access the current project's configuration pages
The left menu is a contextual menu that depends on the area you are in Sonar and your user rights.
It is where the information is displayed.
The main kinds of pages are:
- Global dashboard displays high level (instance level) data
- Project dashboard displays project data
- Resource viewer displays detailed data on resource
- Global configuration for the administrators to configure the Sonar instance
- Project configuration for the project administrators to configure their project properties (setting analysis properties, creating project action plan, etc.)
The Sonar motto is that you will only need three clicks to go from a quality indicator to a corrective action in the source code.
Example #1: Violations Drill-down
Example #2: Duplication Drill-down
Quickly Accessing your Favourites
The Sonar web interface is displayed in the preferred language that you set in your browser settings.
If it is not, just ask your administrator to add the corresponding language bundle. Have a look at the available bundles.