Description / Features
The Toad CodeXpert plugin is an extension of the PL/SQL plugin (commercial) and can only be used with it.
CodeXpert has two modes to analyze PL/SQL sources:
- It scans source code from files on disk. This mode is generally used in enterprise environments with configuration management strategies (use tools like Subversion or Clearcase).
- It connects to the database and analyzes all the objects stored in that database. This mode is NOT supported by Sonar.
- Install the Toad CodeXpert plugin through the Update Center or download it into the SONAR_HOME/extensions/plugins directory
- Restart the Sonar server
- Dell (was Quest Software) Toad 9.5 or higher with the CodeXpert module (included into Toad for Oracle Xpert, Toad for Oracle Professional and Toad Development Suite for Oracle).
- A connection to an Oracle database if you use Toad 9.x or 10.x. This is a limitation of Toad that needs to be connected to the database even if it is not used by the CodeXpert module. So you can set a “fake” connection to an empty database.
The following properties have to be set (at project level through the 'sonar-project.properties' file or at instance level through the 'sonar-runner.properties' file or web interface):
Run an Analysis
Activate some rules from Toad CodeXpert in your project quality profile and run an analysis of your project.
Sonar automatically configures and launches Toad CodeXpert to check your code against the Toad CodeXpert's rules.
A major issue of using this plugin comes from the fact that Toad can not be kicked of by a process that runs as a windows service. This issue is due to be fixed in Toad 12.
Toad CodeXpert 9.x is unable to start from the command-line when the month of the current date contains an accent ("Décembre" in French for example). The workaround for this is to change the regional settings on the machine.