The C# Ecosystem is a Set of Plugins
The C# Ecosystem offers the following plugins:
- Mandatory plugins:
- : the core plugin that defines API used by every other plugin in the ecosystem.
: the plugin that parses C# code source, computes metrics and detects copy-paste.
- Optional plugins adding features from external tools:
- FxCop analyses to detect issues related to potential bugs, tight coupling, globalization, etc. : launches
- Gendarme analyses to detect issues related to coding bad practices, smell detection, performance, etc : launches
- Gallio to run tests and gets execution report as well as coverage report (using PartCover or OpenCover or NCover or ...). : launches
- : launches a dependency parser tool, built on Mono Cecil, to get dependency data between assemblies and classes.
- StyleCop analyses to detect issues mainly related to coding style (formatting, comments, ...). : launches
The C# Ecosystem has the following requirements on top of the SonarQube requirements:
- Your C# code base must be developed with Visual Studio, and thus must contain a ".sln" file (.NET Solution).
Supported versions are:
Up to 5.0
2.0, 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5
3, 4 and 5
Tested with VS 2008, VS 2010 and VS 2012 ".sln" files.
Older versions may also be supported (feel free to give feedback)
Installing the C# Ecosystem Plugins
- Install the .NET and C# plugins from the Update Center or download it into the SONARQUBE_HOME/extensions/plugins directory
- Prior to SonarQube 3.5: you need to click on the Install button of all the 7 plugins
- Since SonarQube 3.5: you just need to click on the Install button of the C# group, this will install everything including the .NET plugins
- Restart the SonarQube server
Installing the External Tools
External tools have to be installed on the Windows boxes where analyses are performed. As it is recommended to install the SonarQube server and the client(s) on different machines, this means that you can run the SonarQube server on a Linux box and run the analyses on Windows boxes.
Install required if corresponding plugin is installed?
Supported version (Tested one in bold)
NO, StyleCop 4.7 binaries are embedded in the plugin.
NO, Gendarme 2.10 binaries are embedded in the plugin.
3.1 Update 2 + (3.2.3)
YES if you want to use PartCover as the coverage engine.
2.2, 2.3 and 4.0 (4.0)
YES if you want to use NCover as the coverage engine
YES if you want to use OpenCover as the coverage engine.
1.0.X, 2.0.X, 4.0.X (4.0.1118)
|JetBrains dotCover||YES if you want to use dotCover as the coverage engine.||http://www.jetbrains.com/dotcover/||1.X, 2.X (1.2 & 2.0)|
|NDeps||NO, binaries are embedded in the plugin.||https://github.com/grozeille/DependencyParser|
- These external tools need the .Net framework to be installed. FxCop10 and OpenCover require .Net 4 but the other ones run fine with .Net 3.5.
- StyleCop plugin relies on MsBuild to run the analysis.