Local and Remote Mode
Two modes are available:
This is the default mode. Information showed in the remote mode is coming from a remote SonarQube server. This means that this information has been computed during the latest analysis on that server.
Thus, you will not see issues introduced in the code that you just added or changed.
When switching to the local mode, information displayed is coming from the latest local analysis.
Thus, you can see the issues introduced in the code that you just added or changed.
Switch from One Mode to Another
To switch from one mode to another, right-click on the project, then select Sonar > Mode > Remote or Local:
When switching to the Local mode, a local analysis will be run automatically.
At any time, to run another local analysis, right-click on the project, then select Sonar > Run Local Analysis:
Local Analysis Parameters
Parameters to configure local analysis can be set in various places. Here is the hierarchy of parameters:
- Parameters defined in the SonarQube Web UI
- Parameters set in the pom.xml file (for Maven projects only, with the m2e connector installed) will override parameters defined in the UI
- Parameters defined in Eclipse will override parameters defined in the pom file (go to Window > Preferences > Sonar > Local analysis properties)
- Parameters defined at project level in Eclipse will override parameters defined at Eclipse level (right click on the project and go to Properties > Sonar > Local analysis properties)
Last Analysis Date
There are two ways to know when the last analysis was run on a project:
- Right-click on the project in the Project Explorer, and then Properties > Sonar
- This date can be displayed on the navigation views, like the Project explorer or the Navigator. This option is not active by default. To activate it, go to Window > Preferences > General > Appearance > Label Decorations and check Sonar Analysis Date Decorator:
Sonar Issues View (displays local or remote information depending on the selected mode)
The Sonar Issues view displays the list of issues of the selected component (project, file, etc.):
To refresh the list of issues on the project, click on the Refresh button.
You can also add/remove columns, group issues (by severities, ...), filter issues (new issues only, issues, assigned to me, ...), sort (by assignee, ...), etc.
Note that "Resolved" issues are not displayed.
This view can be displayed by going to Window > Show View > Other... > Sonar > Sonar Issues. Problems and Markers views also display issues.
Sonar Web Browser View (displays remote information only)
The Web view displays the main project dashboard (for project) or the component viewer (for class or file).
This web page can also be used to access information and services (Clouds, Hotspots, etc.) that are not available in SonarQube Eclipse.
This view is automatically displayed when clicking on Sonar > Open in Sonar server. It can also be displayed by going to Window > Show View > Other... > Sonar > Sonar Web Browser.