Getting MMTk and Jikes RVM and Eclipse working.
- Download Jikes RVM version 3.0.2 or later (or use hg tip)
- Ensure you can Build and Run the RVM.
Ensure you can build and run the
BaseBaseNoGCconfiguration (build with:
bin/buildit localhost BaseBaseNoGC, run with something like:
Note that this configuration does not perform garbage collection so can only run small benchmarks which do not exhaust available memory. This configuration will be used as the basis for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your source is successfully imported (and editable) within an IDE such as Eclipse.
- Set up an Eclipse Run configuration for the NoGC plan using the MMTk Test Harness.
Creating The Base Tutorial Collector
- Copy the
org.mmtk.plan.tutorial(copy and paste the package in Eclipse).
- Rename the constituent classes from
Tutorial*(use Refactor->Rename on each class within the
org.mmtk.plan.tutorialpackage in Eclipse).
- Modify your MMTk Harness Eclipse Run Configuration to use the new Plan, and click 'Run' to run it.
- Create a new configuration file,
build/configs/BaseBaseTutorial.properties, with a single line:
- Build and run the resulting collector:
build with something like:
run with something like: