Description / Features
This plugin enables analysis of XML files within SonarQube.
Some common use cases are:
- Validation of XHTML files against schemas provided by the W3C (strict, transitional, and others)
- Validation of XML files against a provided XML schema
- Validation of rules in XML files (ex: validate the Maven pom files against coding standards)
- Install the plugin through the Update Center or download it into the SONARQUBE_HOME/extensions/plugins directory
- Restart the SonarQube server
Run an Analysis with the SonarQube Runner (Recommended Method)
To run an analysis of your XML project, use the SonarQube Runner.
Run an Analysis with the other Analyzers
Validating Files Against Specific Schemas
Files can be validated against specific schemas thanks to the XML Schema Validation rule.
Within the same project some files can be validated against schema 'S1', others against schema 'S2', others against schemas 'S3' and 'S4', and so on. Therefore, this rule must be copied and configured as many times as you have pairs of files/schemas.
- Schema validation is performed by the Xerces parser using XML schemas (XSDs).
- For validation of XHTML files it is recommended to use autodetect, xhtml1-transitional or xhtml1-strict.
Custom Checks Using XPath Expressions
The XPath rule allows you to define custom rules on XML documents using XPath expressions.
Within the same project some files can be checked against XPath rules 'R1', 'R2', etc., others against rules 'R6', 'R7', etc. and so on. Therefor, this rule has to be copied and configured as many times as you have pairs of files/rule.
Release 1.0 (not yet released) (1 issues)
Release 1.0 (not yet released) (15 issues)
Release 0.2 (9 issues)