Description / Features
Clirr checks Java libraries for binary and source compatibility with older releases. In a continuous integration process Clirr can automatically prevent accidental introduction of binary or source compatibility problems.
It measures the number of API break issues between the current sources and the last known stable version of the library in the Maven repository.
- Install the plugin through the Update Center or download it into the SONARQUBE_HOME/extensions/plugins directory
- Restart the SonarQube server
- Add at least one Clirr rule to your quality profile (Quality Profiles > Select your profile > filter rules on repository "Clirr") :
- API Change adds new feature without breaking anything
- API Change breaks the backward binary compatibility
- API Change might change runtime expected behavior
- Define your project as an API project: browse to the project settings and set the property Clirr > API to true.
- Analyze your Maven project
- Browse to the dashboard and look at the "API Changes" widget and page.
- Only Java Maven projects are supported.
- Because Clirr does not report line numbers, issues cannot be displayed in the correct location within the source code
- Issues attached to deleted components are re-assigned to the project
Version 1.1 (1 issues)