There are minor changes needed to migrate your panels and listener to IzPack 5.
- Panels are now instantiated by PicoContainer Singletons so there is no fixed constructor anymore. You can have any installation component injected in your panel simply by adding it as a constructor parameter. One direct usage is the suppression of singleton components (like ResourceManager) which are now simply injected.
- Separate your panels in different packages. When merged, all classes in the same package of the panel are added to the installer.
- InstallData has been renamed to GUIInstallData
There are several changes in the IzPack schema for the install descriptor. An xsd file will be created to ease the install descriptor migration.
- Changes in the listener syntax
- Available attributes are not installer, compiler and uninstall anymore
- Now, you specify the classname and the stage of the listener
- native libraries are now specified in a natives element, e.g.:
<native type="izpack" name="ShellLink.dll"/>
<native type="izpack" name="ShellLink_x64.dll"/>