Geotools2 is an open source / free java GIS toolkit. It seeks to implement OpenGIS Consortium (OGC) specifications as they are developed. Geotools2 is associated with the GeoAPI project that is creating interfaces for Java GIS projects.
- Geotools How-Tos - short guides on specific topics
- Coordinate systems - introduction and state of the art
- Tutorials - gettings started with geotools
- Release Notes - discussion's of recent geotools releases
The Scratch Pad
Design descussions & current activity in the geotools2 community
- 2.0 Grid Coverage Data Access exciting development happening in conjuction with GeoAPI
- 2.X WFS GML DataStore proposal for Web Feature Server data acess
- 2.X GUI Architecture
- 2.X Dynamic Styling
- 2.1 Operations API
This wiki is intended as a home for guides, how-tos and tutorials. It allows everyone to collaborate on new documentation. It is not (yet?) intended as a replacement for the developers guide (though the contents of this site may be more current).
If you are new to Geotools2 pleae read the developers guide.