What's in Griffon?
New Feature Development
- <b>UberBuilder</b> - a compositing FactoryBuilderSupport class, which allows seamless merging of existing Builders
- <b>GUIBuilder</b> - An UberBuilder with SwingBuilder, SwingXBuilder, and GraphicsBuilder pre-loaded.
Groovy Core R&D for Desktop stuff
Quicker cycling and more risky experemental changes to some core Groovy classes will be done here as well
- <b>FactoryBuilderSupport</b> - needed changes for UBerBuidler to work
- <b>SwingBuilder</b> - needed changes for UberBuidler to work
There are lots of things Griffon could move into, for example
- A home for the multiple GUI builders for Groovy, It may be worthwhile to merge SwingXBuilder, JIDEBuilder, and GraphisBuilder under a single code base (still with separate relases).
- A desktop port of GORM could be hosted here
- A desktop variant of the Grails/Rails project structure could be supported, with deployment to Applets, WebStart, or vanilla client Jar files.