browser-aware content manipulation
The focus of the Milyn Project is on building Middleware components that enable browser-aware content manipulation and transformation in a J2EE Servlet Container.
- Browser Recognition (Tinak)
- Browser Profiling (Tinak)
- Browser Aware Content Manipulation/Filtering (Smooks)
These components can be used to help solve the following types of problem:
- Browser Incompatibilities: Smooks can be used to manipulate content in order to workaround/resolve known issues with the requesting browser and how it supports specific types of standard markup. See http://www.quirksmode.org/
- Mobility: Smooks can be used to manipulate/transform content in order to optimise it for non-desktop browsers i.e. browsers on mobile devices.
Please take a look at the Project Roadmap.