Here are some quick steps to follow if you wish to add support for a new container in Cargo:
- Subscribe to the cargo dev mailing list and ask as many question you'd like there!
- Create a JIRA issue on http://jira.codehaus.org (you'll need to register). I'll then add you to the cargo-developers group in JIRA and assign the issue to you
- Checkout Cargo from SVN trunk
- Create a
org.codehaus.cargo.container.containerNamepackage if it doesn't already exist
- Create a class following the pattern
ServerNameis the name of the container and
Nthe version. For example:
JBoss3xContainer. This class should extend
org.codehaus.cargo.container.spi.AbstractContainer. It's a good idea to have a look at all the existing implementations to help you.
- Register on Codehaus' confluence. Once this is done I'll add you to the cargo-developers user group so that you have the right to edit yourself the Cargo web site pages
- Document the new container on the Cargo web site
- Create a SVN patch and attach it to the JIRA issue you have created above
Thanks and happy coding!