Announcing MapBuilder 1.5 Release Candidate 1
December 24, 2007
The Community MapBuilder team are pleased to announce the release of
mapbuilder-lib 1.5, Release Candidate 1.
Press release and Download 1.5 (rc1)
MapBuilder is a powerful, standards compliant geographic mapping client which runs in a web browser.
Stable Community MapBuilder 1.0.1 Release: This is a minor release which replaces obsolete WMS services with new ones and fixes a few minor bugs. If you are new to Mapbuilder, this is what you should use. Download 1.0.1 Release.
Development Community Mapbuilder 1.5 (rc1): Introduces a broad set of new features, including:
- SVG/VML rendering
- Integration with OpenLayers
- OWS Context
- SLD editing
- Faster Startup
This release is alpha-quality, and not recommended for production environments. Press release and Download 1.5 (rc1).
GML Viewer 1.0 Deploy your GML datasets with a simple GML Viewer web page. Uses SVG/VML for fast vector rendering. Press release and Download.
- Browser based mapping client
- Standards compliant, supports the Open Geospatial consortium(OGC) standards
- Renders maps from Web Map Services (WMS), Web Feature Services (WFS), GeoRSS, Google Maps
- Supports editing map features to Transactional Web Feature Services (WFS-T)
- Allows users to build their own maps, then save and share them, using Web Map Context (WMC) and Open Web Services Context
- Fast and interactive - built using AJAX
- Works with most modern browsers (Firefox 1.0+, Internet Explorer 6.0+, Mozilla 1.3+, Navigator 6+)
- Customisable and easy to extend
- Open source under the LGPL licence
If you wish to learn more, you can try the on-line interactive tutorial or the Examples and read the on-line user-guide.
Mapbuilder in Action
|Our mission is|
To empower communities to collaboratively build and share geographic data using standards- based, open source tools.