Releases are now performed using Maven 2 so you need to have Maven 2 installed (see the building page).
- Create a branch in SVN so that others can keep working on the trunk. Create the branch in
svn+ssh://svn.cargo.codehaus.org/home/projects/cargo/scm/cargo/branches/<version>and check it out on your local machine. Example:
- On the SVN trunk change all references of
(N+1)-SNAPSHOT(for ex from
0.7-SNAPSHOT). Perform this by doing a global search and replace.
- In the new branch, do the same and replace all references of
- Delete all the
(N)-SNAPSHOTartifacts from your local maven repositories to have a clean slate.
mvn installat the top level of the release branch to build the different artifacts and ensure everything is ok
core/uberjarof the release branch. Note: in the future this will be done automatically when you call
- Deploy everything by typing
mvn deployat the top level of the release branch. For this to work you'll need to create a
settings.xmlfile (in your
.m2directory or in your user home directory. Inside you'll need to define your credentials and more. Here's an example
- Log onto Cargo JIRA, release the current version and add the next version
- Check that the Cargo wiki is up to date. Specifically, perform the following updates:
- Tag the branch created in step 1 to
- Send an announcement email to Cargo mailing lists (and to other relevent sites)
- Create a blog post