Jetty has moved!
Jetty is a project at the Eclipse Foundation.
Contact the core Jetty developers at
private support for your internal/customer projects ... custom extensions and distributions ... versioned snapshots for indefinite support ...
scalability guidance for your apps and Ajax/Comet projects ... development services from 1 day to full product delivery
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Jetty Release Procedures
Currently the release procedure for Jetty is a mostly manual operation:
- Verify that there are no blocking issues on the lists or in JIRA.
- Update VERSION.txt with the release number and date and commit to trunk.
- Create tags in jetty and jetty-contrib repositories with a copy from trunk (or the branch used as a basis for the release):
svn cp https://email@example.com/jetty/jetty/trunk https://firstname.lastname@example.org/jetty/jetty/tags/jetty-x.y.z
svn cp https://email@example.com/jetty-contrib/jetty/trunk https://firstname.lastname@example.org/jetty-contrib/jetty/tags/jetty-x.y.z
- Checkout tag:
svn co https://email@example.com/jetty/jetty/tags/jetty-x.y.z
- Edit svn:externals to include contrib tag:
svn propedit svn:externals . # change trunk to tags/jetty-x.y.z
rm -fr contrib
- Update the poms and other files to change 6.1-SNAPSHOT to x.y.z: