Groovy is supported in NetBeans via project Coyote:
Currently the following features are available in the Groovy plug-in for NetBeans:
- Script files can be created/edited/executed. The scripts are able to access the project's CLASSPATH.
- Syntax coloring for for Groovy
- Special scripting Groovy project type. Scripts are in a separate folder structure. For scripting projects, normal compile/execute works using Ant.
- Syntax error hyperlinking to the source after compile or execute.
- Support for Groovlets
- Support for writing unit tests in Groovy
Download and Installation
You can download nbms of project coyote which include Groovy support here:
Unzip the archive and simply install the nbms using update center from local disk.
Additional information about Groovy support in NetBeans can be found on the project Coyote website:
We welcome contributors - see also how to build coyote and let us know if you're interested in extending the Groovy support.