SOAPSOAP is a lightweight protocol intended for exchanging structured information in a decentralized, distributed environment. Groovy has a SOAP implementation based on
Xfire which allows you to create a SOAP server and to make calls on remote SOAP servers.
This part is given for building a light demo server based on Xfire (it is not yet so Groovy ).
- Create a Service contract (a java interface)
- Create an implementation of this service
- Register your service
- Start the server
- You're done!
It's pretty easy to make the remote calls too
- Import the Soap Client class
- Create a proxy object to represent the remote server - that's all you need to do. No need to generate stubs thanks to groovy & xfire !
- Call the remote method via the proxy
- You are done