SOAPSOAP is a lightweight protocol intended for exchanging structured information in a decentralized, distributed environment. Groovy has a SOAP implementation based on
Xfire which allows you to create a SOAP server and to make calls on remote SOAP servers.
You can develop your web service using a groovy script and/or a groovy class. The following two grrovy files are valid for building a web-service.
- You can also using something more Groovy
- Then the easy part ... no need for comments That's all !
- Oh ... you want to test it ... two more lines.
- You're done!
It's pretty easy to make the remote calls too
- Import the Soap Client class
- Create a proxy object to represent the remote server - that's all you need to do. No need to generate stubs thanks to groovy & xfire !
- Call the remote method via the proxy
- You are done