This tutorial explains how to import Cargo sources from Subversion into your IDE (Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA are covered).
- Start by checking out the Cargo sources from Subversion. You can do that using the Subversion command line, TortoiseSVN (recommended for Windows users), your IDE Subversion feature (for Eclipse you'll need the Subclipse plugin) or any subversion client tool.
- Install the latest version Maven2. Make sure it's installed properly by typing
- Open a shell in the top level directory where you have checked out the Cargo sources (this directory should have a
build-toolssubdirectory in it and it should contain a [[pom.xml}} file).
- For importing in Eclipse, type "mvn eclipse:eclipse". For importing in IntelliJ IDEA type "mvn idea:idea". This generates Eclipse and IDEA project files automatically.
- Start your IDE and import the project generated by Maven in the previous step.