Groovy is supported in NetBeans via project Coyote:
Currently the following features are available in the Groovy plug-in for NetBeans:
- Script files can be created/edited/executed. The scripts are able to access the project's CLASSPATH.
- Syntax coloring for for Groovy
- Special scripting Groovy project type. Scripts are in a separate folder structure. For scripting projects, normal compile/execute works using Ant.
- Syntax error hyperlinking to the source after compile or execute.
- Support for Groovlets
- Support for writing unit tests in Groovy
Download and Installation
You can download nbms of project coyote which include Groovy support here. Unzip the archive and simply install the nbms using update center from local disk.
Additional information about Groovy support in NetBeans can be found on the project Coyote website:
We welcome contributors - see also how to build coyote and let us know if you're interested in extending the Groovy support in NetBeans.