This document describes how to install a binary distribution of Groovy.
The latest release of Groovy is groovy-jsr-06.
- Error rendering macro 'link' : Link needs a name and a URL as arguments.
a binary distribution of Groovy and unpack thedistribution into some file on your local file system.
- set your GROOVY_HOME environment variable to the directory you unpackedthe distribution
- add GROOVY_HOME/bin to your PATH environment variable.
- set your JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to your JDK. On OS X this is /Library/Java/Home, on other unixes its often /usr/java etc. If you've already installed tools like Ant or Maven you've probably already done this step
- you should now have Groovy installed properly. You can test this by typing the following in a command shell...
Which should create an interactive groovy shell where you can type Groovy statements. Or to run the Swing interactive console type
To run a specific groovy script type