In order to install and confiure the archiva application, you should follow thes steps:
- #Downlowd the Archiva application
- #Create a MySQL database for Archiva
- #Install the Archiva application
- #Bind the database and the application in Tomcat
- #Configure the repositories and proxies
Downlowd the Archiva application
At the time of the writing, Archiva is not yet released.
You should therefore download the Archiva sources and build it.
Create a MySQL database for Archiva
To create the MySQL database for Archiva, log as root, and execute the following commands:
Install the Archiva application
Create the directory
Unzip the archiva war fil in it.
Create a archiva.xml file in the $(server.tomcat.base)/conf/Catalina/localhost directory with the following content (dont forget to expand the $(xxx) variables with your defined values):
Bind the database and the application in Tomcat
Using the Tomcat admin application, configure the database binding.
Select the Archiva's datasources.
Choose the "Create New Data Source" action.
Add the Values:
- JNDI Name is: "jdbc/users"
- DataSource URL is: "jjdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/archiva?characterEncoding=UTF-8"
- JDBC Driver Class is: "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
- User Name is: "archiva"
- Password is: "archiva"
- Max. active Connections, Max. Idle Connections, Max. Wait for Connection and Validation Query have default values
Save the changes, commit and restart Tomcat.
Configure the repositories and proxies
create a diretory, unzip the war inside
create a new mysql database and user
create a context.xml in conf
use the admin webapp to configure the database
enter archiva and create the repositories and proxies.