The JRuby team is pleased to announce the release of JRuby 0.9.2.
This release has some great improvements:
- Extensions openssl and readline now working
- Code for a new graphical irb console
- Partial support for iconv and bigdecimal extensions
- RSpec now supported
- Improved Rails support
- Fixed all known block and scoping bugs
- Enhanced parser performance
- More compiler and performance work
- Refactored variable scoping logic
- 127 Jira issues resolved since 0.9.1
Ola Bina gets accolades for completely writing an openssl clone in Java from
scratch! We are not worthy
Damian Steer has written a beautiful irb console in Java Swing which has color
highlighting and popup code completion.
Thanks to several new and returning contributors: Anders Bengtsson, Aslak Hellesoy,
Peter K Chan, Thomas Palmer, and Wes Nakamura.
Additional thanks to all the people on our mailing lists who help give feedback and