This page is dedicated to the discussion of what the Groovy Console (groovysh) should be able to do in the future. So please go on and add suggestions.
- keep imports
- remove the requirement for the "go" command
- the value of last expression evaluated is made available in a variable. The name of the variable is short , e.g. "res".
- code completion for known methods, DGM, and symbols used so far
- dump transcript to file
- nice to have: dump classes and methods that were previously defined
- nice to have: run code in new jdb console
- all the above, and...
- possibility to discard imports (since we can keep imports, let's flush them too)
- Crazy idea: I'm wondering whether we could leverage ANSI colours in the shell so that we can have some text in colours (perhaps even syntax highlighting???)
additionally: enhance ObjectBrowser to execute selected methods and change the "object under inspection" to the result of that method call. Keep an expression of how to get to that object (e.g. GPath). Let ObjectBrowser return this expression and make groovysh and groovyConsole arware of it such that groovysh user can use the inspect command to interactively construct such expressions.