GumTree is an open source and multi-platform graphical user interface for performing neutron scattering and X-ray experiments. It handles the complete experiment life cycle from instrument calibration, data acquisition, and real time data analysis to results publication. The aim of the GumTree Project is to create a highly Integrated Scientific Experiment Environment (ISEE), allowing interconnectivity and data sharing between different distributed components such as motors, detectors, user proposal database and data analysis server. GumTree is being adapted to several instrument control server systems such as TANGO, EPICS and SICS, providing an easy-to-use front-end for users and simple-to-extend model for software developers. The design of GumTree is aimed to be reusable and configurable for any scientific instrument. GumTree will be adapted to six neutron beam instruments for the OPAL reactor at ANSTO.
GumTree Top Level Projects
Major feature updates:
- Automatic GUI support for scripting in Python language.
- Plotting feature updated.
- GitHub support for Gumtree workspace.
- Python scripts for instrument control and data
- [GUMTREE-935] - New Sidebar Infrastructure
- [GUMTREE-992] - Realtime activity view freeze on dispose on some computer
- [GUMTREE-995] - gplot.clear() threading issue
- [GUMTREE-996] - Quokka init script report problem
- [GUMTREE-1005] - Pelican need a python script to collect data
- [GUMTREE-1012] - Histmem server not interrupted when clicking on the red button
- [GUMTREE-1023] - sync problem in scan command
- [GUMTREE-991] - Improve the plotting engine
- [GUMTREE-997] - Open SICS tree and filtered tree at start up
- [GUMTREE-124] - New DAQ UI Prototype
- [GUMTREE-938] - Auto config the Jython engine for PyDev in Gumtree
- [GUMTREE-1006] - Move up version number in the build system to 1.9.0
- [GUMTREE-970] - Sync validation server with the real instrument
Download Gumtree 1.9.0
The first beta release of 1.8.x is now available from Codehaus. This release contains the upgrade Eclipse 4 RCP workbench, as well as GitHub connector for downloading customised experiment / analysis scripts.
I have found a good looking Swing component for instrument control:
In this site, the authur explained the techniques on making those controls in Java, using the FXG converter (converting Adobe XML output into Java).
GumTree 1.6.3 has been released!
This version has the following enhancements:
- Mac 64bit support
- Vaadin support for building AJAX web site
Downloads are available here.
GumTree 1.6.2 has been released!
This version is now available in 64-bit mode. Downloads are available here